Yoga learning has gone through a complete face-off in the last few years. People from India and abroad are trying to enrich themselves with the benefits of yoga. Different styles and forms are made a subject of learning for yoga teacher training in India. But, did you know which place got the greatest popularity after its introduction to the world?
It’s Rishikesh!! Rishikesh is named as the World Capital of Yoga, after its teachings spread across all parts of the world. Rishikesh became the main destination for yoga learning after the famous British pop band, the Beatles, met with guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the year 1960’s and studied yoga in his yoga ashram. Since, then this small Indian city came into the spotlight and become the top place for saints, sages, yogis, and practitioners to complete their yoga teacher training in India.
Rishikesh is World’s Yoga Capital for a few more reasons.
Let’s have a quick look at them, one by one.
- It’s a sacred Home for many saints, sages, and reputed yoga masters. Several yoga gurus and spiritual leaders accomplished their yoga journey in Rishikesh. India’s famous yoga gurus – Guru Vashishtha, Adiguru Nilkantha, Swami Shivanand, Swami Dayanand Saraswati, Jatawale Baba, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Swami Sukhdevanand, and Swami Aatm Prakash have selected Rishikesh for their spiritual practices. That is why; this place offers the best yoga teacher training courses in India.
- It’s loaded with Spiritual energy. Rishikesh is located right on the bank of Indian River Ganga. It’s a sacred river of Hindus, which is believed to have spiritual energy to eliminate all types of skin diseases. If you take a bath in this holy water, the pure water will strengthen your spirit to another level.
- The growing number of yoga ashrams, retreat home, and yoga teacher training schools makes it a must-visit place for Indian and foreign travellers. Yogis and yoga gurus who have completed their yoga journey in Rishikesh mostly attained enlightenment at any part of the world; started their yoga learning institute in the tranquil atmosphere of Rishikesh. More than a thousand students flock together to learn and accomplish their dream in Rishikesh.
- Rishikesh is nestled with nature. It’s one of the holiest and most spiritual centres for thousands of years. Standing near the bluish banks of River Ganges and covered with lush-green Himalayan Mountains, surrounded by emerald jungles, hidden waterfalls, and pristine nature, Rishikesh provides the ideal landscape to practice yoga in complete isolation from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- It’s comfortable for international students to stay and travel around the city. Rishikesh is tourist-friendly and easy to travel. As a yoga capital of India, it attracts thousands of tourists from all around the world. According to Ministry of External Affairs, it’s easy to get visa for tours and travels in India for 30 days and more. You can get more information from the website.
You can travel to any part of the world to completing your dream. But, no other place on earth can guarantee you, complete transformation in life, as Rishikesh does. Join our yoga teacher training school in Rishikesh.