Jivamukti Yoga, also known as “liberation while living,” is becoming the sole source of enlightenment for many enthusiastic yoga learners around the world. People are feeling the magic it holds. From the development of your physical to mental health, Jivamukti Yoga teaching energizes the life to bring more dynamism and brighten up the future ahead. Unlike, all other yoga practices, best schools for yoga teacher training in India are bringing more opportunities to your door to be a part of this growing method of yoga.
Jivamukti Yoga is one of the most structured yoga that can empower you. Practice it under experts only. Before that, you need to understand every aspect of Jivamukti yoga, its origin, history, benefits, classes, training and more. Here is a guide to help you.
All about Jivamukti Yoga
The Jivamukti Yoga is a proprietary style of yoga created by David Life and Sharon Gannon in the Year 1984. David and Sharon Gannon were art lovers. They developed an interest in learning yoga, that is where the birth of Jivamukti Yoga taken in New York. They created the modern-hybrid form of yoga combining two words Jiva means individual living soul and Mukti means freeing from the eternal cycle of death and rebirth. Their full name implies liberation while still living on the earth.
Let us help you uncover some of the unknown facts of Jivamukti yoga
- Jivamukti Yoga is hybrid because its methodology and teachings synthesize elements from teachings from several different gurus. Life and Gannon consider teachings from three most influential yoga teachers, Swami Nirmalanda, Ashtanga Guru Sri K Pattabhi Jois and Swami Brahmananda Sarasvati.
- Jivamukti Yoga is grounded in five basic principles – meditation (dhyana), music (nada), non-violence (Ahimsa), devotion (bhakti), and Scripture (Shastra).
- Jivamukti Yoga practice is not a physical exercise to keep one’s body fit or increase strength or flexibility. It’s a way to improve the relationship of one asana with others and thus lead to enlightenment.
- Jivamukti Yoga encourages spiritual benefits such as the dissolution of separateness, realization of oneness, and discovery of lasting happiness.
- It is a vigorous style of yoga practice anyone can do if you are willing to listen to your body and modify the postures as needed.
Jivamukti Yoga practice is a strong concept of connecting people that think alike. You will find compassion and love for others and learn how to love each other in a community.
Jivamukti yoga classes
Jivamukti yoga teachings are grounded in Vinyasa yoga practice, where the asanas are usually quite vigorous. However, according to the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, each asana should be sthira and sukham. Jivamukti Yoga maintains a relationship with other asanas to come to a consistent place of joy and happiness. Each class of this unique yoga should be explored with chanting, yoga scripture reading, meditation, asana, pranayama, and music, which is why Jivamukti appeals more people who want to do more than a workout. Jivamukti Yoga is dedicated to peace, not only among people but peace among all living beings.
Finding a Jivamukti yoga training school
In addition to Jivamukti yoga school in New York, some yoga schools that provide neat and experienced training. The Indian yoga capitals like Rishikesh Vinyasa Yoga School is one of the best schools for learning and practicing yoga in the exotic atmosphere retreat location. You can learn from the highly-qualified team of yoga gurus like Sarvottam Kumar, Yashpal Rauotela, Yogi Rajesh, and many more. Students need to be familiar with Jivamukti Yoga, before enrollment to any yoga teacher training course in India. Feel free to visit the website for more details.